Thursday, February 28, 2013

The Good, The Bad, and The Frustrating

  I know that I can't be the only person who's had this problem before. The internet is a big place with a multitude of fun things to find, share, and capture our hopes, dreams, and even...our hearts (stage audience sigh). However, with the positive side of its vastness comes the evil twin . . . TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING AMAZING TWICE!!!



  It's impossible sometimes. In this case I'm looking for a website for a fabric designer and quilter who had absolutely oodles of free quilt patterns on her site. I had a few picked out on my laptop but, as sometimes happens, I ended up with about 20 tabs open on my browser and decided to just close them all and start searching fresh. That was at least 2-3 days ago. I've spent the last 3 hours searching on and off for the site and designer itself as well as where on earth I found the link to it! I never just blatantly seach for fabric designers online, so I am almost positive it was linked through one of the sewing blogs I read. I haven't found it in any posts going back a week on every one of the blogs, but occasionally I pop in and check out new blogs as well.

  If anyone is up to the challange or has any ideas, here's the sparse knowledge that I have from my memories of the site and colections (I was busy looking at the fabric, not the site).

   1. It's a female designer and her name is escaping me entirely, but her name was the name for her fabric line
   2. She had multiple different lines of fabric, all were very fun, busy patterns, just with different themes/motifs/color schemes to the different collections
   3. She didn't sell her products directly from her site, but had links to where to buy her products, one of the purchasing sites only sold about 5-6 different designers' fabric and one of them was Ty Pennington's (of Extreme Home Makeover) home decor fabric line.
   4.Like I said before, she had a massive amount of free quilt patterns, the list was easily 50+ patterns long, but unfortunately my home printer is out of ink, so I couldn't get hard copies of the ones I loved right away.
   5. What I do remember of the site design is that it was very minimal. Lots of white on both sides with the main subject centered, and a fancily scripted list of links to different areas of her website.

  Well, there it is. It's not much to go on, which makes my search that much more difficult and frustrating. I know I don't have a lot of traffic on here, but if you happen to think of someone that seems to match this description, I would be thrilled to find her again!

Ah well, live and live on...or in this case search and search on.

Happy Thursday!

Matthew

3 comments:

  1. http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/mainmenu.php
    Sounds like Amy Butler to me! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why yes it most certainly is! Thank you so much. I honestly can't quite believe that my sad, jumbled description was enough to get you there, but I'm sure glad I tried now.

      Congratulations MrsC, ten points to Gryffindor!

      Delete
  2. Meh, it was nothing. You describer her aesthetic perfectly and if she is one of 6 designers on a website along with Ty P, it was the logical place to start :) Good to know there are so many freebies on her site too!

    ReplyDelete