Sunday, February 10, 2013

That's a Wrap

Happy Sunday internet!

I hope you all have plans to enjoy the rest of your weekends, I know I do. I've recently started following the blog Sew Many Ways and Karen's post for today is for a Valentines Day "Linky Party". The idea is for people to post links to their own projects that are Valentines Day related.

At first I was extremely excited,  but then I realized that I would have to wait a whole five days until I could post my main gift (in case of spoilers). That's when I realized that I had intended a small side project to go with my gift that I could whip up and post immediately!

Here it is, a lovely Pinterest inspired stamp. Here's the original pin photo.


As you can see, it's quite self explanatory, so I'll spare you any sort of detailed description, just a few photos of my own project.

First, of course, our supplies: -Paper                        Check
                                                -Toilet paper roll       Check
                                                -Paint                         Check
                                                -NCIS marathon        Check  (don't forget the essentials)

Then my work space prepped (my paper likes to roll on me because it's heavy brown craft paper, so I had to tape it to a piece of foam board.

Then there's me stamping, waiting for it to dry, and stamping some more.

This is going to be the wrapping paper for my Valentine's gift. I added a little personal touch to a few of the hearts a la kissing tree carvings.

Hopefully he'll notice and realize that it's homemade. If not, it was a fun project that may inspire some of you to take some of the cost out of Valentine's Day by adding some time, thought and a little bit of love. After all, we sometimes need to remember what these commercialized holidays are really about.

"Money and power only last the hour, but friendship and love withstand the sky above."




Matthew


No comments:

Post a Comment