Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pay no attention to the man behind the B̶o̶x̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶W̶i̶n̶e̶ Curtain

Hooray! I love having multiple days off in a row. As someone who doesn't have a standard M-F sort of job, I count myself lucky that almost every week I get two if not three days off in a row (the upside of working ten hour shifts!). This morning marks the beginning of one of these blocks of time, I left work shortly after 8 o'clock Tue. and I don't need to be back until Thurs. night at 11 P.M.!

So, what to do...my sweetie is working both today and Thursday during the day, so we may do something Wed, but that leaves two whole days open. I need to sleep a few times in there, so I guess I have about 20 hours or so off awake and on my own free time before I have to work again. Hmmm, what to do, what to do...

I know, I'll SEW!!!

First things first, get your supplies in order, right? Right! That meant a quick stop at Hugo's Wine and Spirits on my way home from work (my two boxes of wine that I've had for a few months each just BOTH got to the point of needing to tip them to get flow the other day!!!). Not to fear, I picked up these bad boys, so I'm set for a good while now.


Aren't they beautiful?! The White Zin. is my go-to, but the other guy was sitting all alone with a lovely "sale" sign, I'm always up to trying a new Vino!

 Next, we have to change out of work clothes and get into something comfy, warm, and fabulous. I'm relocating back down to the icy depths of the basement so that our living room can have its loveseat back, so the warm part is pretty important. Luckily I just did laundry a few days ago, so I grabbed some fluffy wool socks, pajama/athletic pants, a comfy t-shirt and an amazing robe length black shawl neck cardigan I got at Express a few years back.


"Strike a pose" -Vogue

Last, we need some entertainment. As I won't be working in front of a tv anymore (probably for the best), my two options were Classical Minnesota Public Radio or an audiobook. I've been working my way through the Game of Thrones series so today it wasn't much of a contest, sorry MPR.


I love having my audiobook library on my phone!


Ta Da, that's it, I already have my sewing supplies realtively in order (as much as they ever seem to get), now it's on to my wish/to-do list for these days. I'm definitely a list person, so this is more for me than you, don't get bummed if I don't make it through everything.

-Assemble the torso of my first jacket muslin

-Check fit and adjust pattern as needed

-Create second torso muslin to new measurements, if it fits, attach sleeves

-Adjust sleeves as necessary

-Get a "final" muslin completed

-Practice lining said muslin and practice other finishing details (buttonholes, seams and hems finished properly, basically try and make a "wearable muslin".

-Take breaks throughout to post pictures and throw together updates for YOU GUYS!!!


So what do you think? Did I miss anything? Are there any certain, distinctly non sewing items that you like to have with you whenever you work?


Winefully yours,
 Matthew




No comments:

Post a Comment