Monday, November 12, 2012

Onward and upward

So here we are, my first ever blog post. Basically I’m going to use this to try and explain the purpose of the blog, and to introduce myself to you a bit.

            I have started this blog as a way to try and do a better job of working towards improving myself on a regular basis. Notice I said improve, that’s key. My plan isn’t to become the best, or to surpass anyone else in any area. Simply put, I want to make every day part of a long-term, conscious effort to make myself a better person.

For the sake of keeping things neat and tidy, I’ve separated my efforts into a few categories: Diet, Fitness, Mental/Emotional wellness, and Good Habits. Keep in mind, these are meant to be basis guidelines, some posts may not deal specifically with any of these, and some may overlap between multiple. This will just hopefully help me to mix things up regularly so that I don’t post for three weeks in a row about new exercises that I’m trying.

Speaking of weeks, my goal for the time being is to add a new post once a week. This is due to the fact that I will try to spend a decent amount of time researching each of my topics so as to provide myself, and you as the reader, the best chance for success (and to avoid pitfalls). You know, like reading the instructions all the way through before starting a recipe. A week would also give me the time to put a solid effort into something, instead of trying a new activity and deciding that it’s not going to work, yet still post regularly.

Also, I may post more often than once a week, and these posts may not be strictly related to any of the topics. If, for example, I find something that helped motivate me to stick with a task, I may throw it out there with a little blurb to help tide you (and myself) over until the main post.

If all goes as planned, this will be the beginning of an incredible journey to a new, improved version of me. Any forward movement is to be considered a success. Your job in this is to read, enjoy, comment (preferably encouragement or helpful suggestions), and to join in if something peaks your interest!

No comments:

Post a Comment